Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HE JUST CAN'T BE STILL...

Easton just can not be still...and I have the proof to show it. Every picture I take of him is just slightly blurry...just not quite sharp. And you know what he talks all the time as well. As a matter of fact sometimes I ask him to just please be quiet for just five minutes so I can think. So today when I took him to the pediatric dentist I talked to him during the car ride and asked him to please be still. The reason I asked him this is because our dentist likes to give gas just to clean their teeth. Well me being the nutcase I am of course thinks this is outrageous just to clean their teeth so of course I don't allow them to give it to them just for a teeth cleaning. So after Easton was done the lady came out and told me that he definitely needed the nitrous oxide because it would be a lot easier on him. So I told her that I didn't think it was necessary for him just to have his teeth cleaned. We went back and forth and I guess the dentist overheard so he came out to put his two cents in. I was told that not only did he need the gas but he needed two tanks of it. So I told him that I didn't think it was good for him. I was told it doesn't hurt him and besides it is a naturally occurring element. I should have come back with "well so is mercury, Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is good for you. You can also imagine their shock when I only allow them to do ex-rays once a year instead of twice. They try to tell me I might miss a cavity. Well since Riley has only had one and Easton hasn't had any I think my odds are good that I won't miss anything. Needless to say I left there P*****. Do these morons not think that I want what is best for my child. I am very aware that it is a naturally occurring element. But you know what I really don't think God meant for us to inhale it in that high of a dose or else we would all be walking around feeling that happy feeling. I am sure that if he is given the gas he will not suffer brain damage. My main reason for not wanting it to be used on him is because I really don't like the euphoric feeling it gives him. Tyler and I both have very additive personalities. Not to say Easton is going to have an addictive personality but I do remember the first time we went to this dentist and they did use the gas for a cleaning(because I wasn't aware) he came out and told me "mom I feel so good, can I take some more of that stuff"...he definitely liked the feeling. I really feel that god gave these kids to me to love and protect and I take my job very seriously.The dentist also told me that Easton needed to have his adnoids and tonsils taken out because he is a mouth breether and by taking those out it would make put his toungue in a better position so his teeth would come in better aligned. (this is a child who has only lost six teeth) Okay that one put the icing on the cake. I have been married to Tyler for ten years and I don't think I ever once heard him breathe out of his nose and his teeth are fine.Needless to say I am going to look for a new dentist, one who may not neccessarily agree with me but one who respects my wishes...after all they belong to me.


No comments:

THE FAMILY

THE FAMILY

TYLER AND TONIA

TYLER AND TONIA

RILEY

RILEY

EASTON

EASTON

JOSEY

JOSEY