Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THE ACHE OF MISSING...

Missing can make you ache. Not just your heart but your entire being. The other night as i was lying awake in bed thoughts of my mom came to my mind. Aching, missing thoughts. The kind that makes your heart burn and your eyes well up. It was like many nights before and i am sure just like many nights to come. As i was lying there the same question came to my mind. Why? I just want to know why. I know I will never know but when I get to heaven, rest assured, I will ask.

So after lying there for a while, my question remained unanswered and I finally fell asleep with a heavy heart and little jojo by my side.

The next morning i moved my thoughts of my mom to another part of my brain...the part that holds all those memories and went on about my day.

Fast forward to that afternoon. I was out and about running errands, flipping mindlessly thru the radio stations when i came to this song. A song I much needed to hear. A song that doesn't answer my question but it does make me feel better if only for a moment. I do know that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and God has a plan for me. I just wish, so very badly, that plan would have included my mom.

"but I won't cry because I know she flew up to heaven on the wings of angels
by the clouds and stars and past where no one sees and she walks with jesus and I know she's smiling saying don't worry about me"

Mom, I. MISS. YOU. EVERYDAY.

If I could have written a song about my mom this would have been it...

No comments:

THE FAMILY

THE FAMILY

TYLER AND TONIA

TYLER AND TONIA

RILEY

RILEY

EASTON

EASTON

JOSEY

JOSEY